As information continues to shift towards electronic formats, the number of remote information resources available to users is increasing at a rapid pace.
MetaLib provides a consolidated search environment for remote information resources, helping users find the information they need quickly and effectively. MetaLib streamlines the discovery process by presenting users with content from multiple information providers in one clear, familiar user interface. By eliminating the need to learn different search methods and interfaces, MetaLib transforms the user experience from tiring to inspiring.
MetaLib: Bringing Remote Information Closer to the User
MetaLib provides users with a coherent and friendly environment for metasearching - simultaneously searching heterogeneous remote resources from a single search interface. Users view the retrieved results in a manageable, unified format, enabling them to:
- See retrieved results in a merged, de-duplicated list
- Compare diverse result lists
- Preserve the records they find; and Locate the actual material.
Learn more about how MetaLib helps users access remote information resources
X-Server: Embedding Remote Search into the User’s Environment
MetaLib’s X-Server enables the library to embed metasearch functionality into other applications such as:
- Course management systems
- Library Web pages
- Institutional or Web portals
Learn more about MetaLib X-Server
Easy to Manage
MetaLib provides libraries with a set of tools to ease the management of the vast universe of remote resources, including:
- A comprehensive knowledge base with preconfigured access to commonly-used resources
- KnowledgeBase configuration tools to enable access to institution-specific resources
- Integration with the Ex Libris SFX® link server
- A range of options for user authentication and authorization
- Flexible consortia models that support a range of consortia workflows which enable sharing while maintaining autonomy
To find out more about MetaLib for your library, please contact your local Ex Libris office or distributor.
Learn more about MetaLib’s management capabilities for libraries